Thank you for trying out the SDFX plugin.
For solving your problem i did installed Cantaible Lite 1.2, Reaper and the Samplitude 10 Demo on my pc.
On all three hosts the SuperDrumFX worked absolutely perfect. So for now i don't have idea what is wrong with your configuration.
Here are the specifics of my pc:
OS: Windows XP
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2 x 2200 MHz)
RAM: 1 GB DDR2 667 MHz (2 x 512 MB)
HD: 80 GB IDE
Soundcard and MIDI Interface: Terratec EWS88MT (ASIO 2.0, 8 x multichannel)
To better assist you, i still need some additional information:
1. What version of SDFX you tried ? (v1.0 or v1.1)
2. What are the specifics of your Dell notebook ?
3. What soundcard/interface you use ?
4. Did you choose ASIO-Driver in the host setups ?
If yes, what ASIO-Driver you use ?
5. Have you tried out other VSTi's wich was made with SYNTHEDIT
If yes, did they worked fine or did they crash ?
If they worked, were there sampler or sample player among them
Please answer, so i can better help you.