{cssfile}

Registrierung Mitgliederliste Administratoren und Moderatoren Suche Häufig gestellte Fragen Zur Startseite Back to www.superdrumfx.com Back to www.superdrumfx.com

SuperDrumFX » SuperDrumFX Support » General Questions » General Questions » Hosts » Hallo Gast [anmelden|registrieren]
Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
maa
Jungspund

Hosts Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hello,

this new program has really grabbed my attention and i'm excited about getting to work.
Unfortunately it will not start on my Dell laptop with:

Cantabile or Reaper - it crashes both.

Samplitude10 will start it up and I can choose samples etc. but freezes on playback.

I must add that this notebook does everything audio I throw at it usually.

Let me know if there is anything else I can try to help you.
You can answer in German too if you prefere....

cheers

maa

15.03.2008 10:55 maa ist offline Beiträge von maa suchen Nehmen Sie maa in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Eisi
Eisi

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hello maa

Thank you for trying out the SDFX plugin.

For solving your problem i did installed Cantaible Lite 1.2, Reaper and the Samplitude 10 Demo on my pc.

On all three hosts the SuperDrumFX worked absolutely perfect. So for now i don't have idea what is wrong with your configuration.

Here are the specifics of my pc:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2 x 2200 MHz)
RAM: 1 GB DDR2 667 MHz (2 x 512 MB)
HD: 80 GB IDE
Soundcard and MIDI Interface: Terratec EWS88MT (ASIO 2.0, 8 x multichannel)

To better assist you, i still need some additional information:

1. What version of SDFX you tried ? (v1.0 or v1.1)
2. What are the specifics of your Dell notebook ?
3. What soundcard/interface you use ?
4. Did you choose ASIO-Driver in the host setups ?
If yes, what ASIO-Driver you use ?
5. Have you tried out other VSTi's wich was made with SYNTHEDIT
If yes, did they worked fine or did they crash ?
If they worked, were there sampler or sample player among them

Please answer, so i can better help you.

Greetings
Eisi

16.03.2008 23:50 Eisi ist offline Email an Eisi senden Homepage von Eisi Beiträge von Eisi suchen Nehmen Sie Eisi in Ihre Freundesliste auf
maa
Jungspund

Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Thanks for your quick reply.

In Answer:

1. SDFX 1.01
2. My Laptop:

Dell D400 with 1,6 Pentium M
    512 Ram
    Samsung 160 HD
    Firewire TI Chipset
    XP Pro Service Pack II

3.Onboard SigmaTel or External Terratec Phase X24
4. Asio4All 2.8
5. I checked:
    SynthEdit DrumTrig - no go
    StringSynth - ok
    Tapeworm - ok

More to follow...

17.03.2008 18:37 maa ist offline Beiträge von maa suchen Nehmen Sie maa in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Eisi
Eisi

Hello maa

Do you really use ASIO4ALL with your Terratec Phase 24 ? I think it is better to use the original driver for this piece of hardware.

The specs shows that your Terratec Phase X24 is fully compatible with the ASIO 2.0 standard.

If you use the ASIO4ALL driver together with your onboard soundcard, you get a buggy thing. Synthedit plugs often crash in this combination. Maybe this is a reason for your problem with SDFX.

You can try to use only the terratec soundcard with the original asio driver, maybe it will solve the problem.

Greetings
Eisi

17.03.2008 20:14 Eisi ist offline Email an Eisi senden Homepage von Eisi Beiträge von Eisi suchen Nehmen Sie Eisi in Ihre Freundesliste auf
maa
Jungspund

Zitat:
Original von Eisi
Do you really use ASIO4ALL with your Terratec Phase 24 ?
No - sorry for missleading you there.

I have now tested on two normal older computers one with success the other without.

1. Athlon 2200+ 750Giga Ram and Externat PhaseX24 Works !

2. Athlon 1 Giga with Terratec 6Fire - No Go unglücklich

So I'm no wiser but at least I have it running on one machine and must say the samples are very well made - thanks!

Cheers

Maa

18.03.2008 14:58 maa ist offline Beiträge von maa suchen Nehmen Sie maa in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Eisi
Eisi

Hi maa,

thank you for liking the sounds of SDFX. smile

Zitat:
2. Athlon 1 Giga with Terratec 6Fire - No Go

I believe that an Athlon with 1GHz is to slow for SDFX.

The reason for this is that Synthedit is always a little slower than native (C++) programmed VSTi's.

But that could change in the future. I think that Synthedit is a very advanced software and a strong creativity buster. So for myself i have decided not to care to much about performance concerns.

Consider that an 1 GHz Athlon is a 8 year old processor, he is real history smile

Greetings
Eisi

18.03.2008 20:56 Eisi ist offline Email an Eisi senden Homepage von Eisi Beiträge von Eisi suchen Nehmen Sie Eisi in Ihre Freundesliste auf
maa
Jungspund

So reading between the lines it would seem a problem with Synthedit and samples not running on my notebook.

BTW did you know that Reaper shows 'SuperdrumFX' as 'Container (Denis Eismann) '

See here:
http://www.cockos.com/forum/showpost.php...550&postcount=1

Thanks

maa

18.03.2008 21:14 maa ist offline Beiträge von maa suchen Nehmen Sie maa in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Eisi
Eisi

Hi maa,

Zitat:
So reading between the lines it would seem a problem with Synthedit and samples not running on my notebook.

I am not sure about it but it can be the reason. Maybe some incompatibility between SDFX (Synthedit) and the sound- or other system driver. But 1,6 GHz must be enough speed, even for synthedit samplers. May be you need more buffers and higher latency but it should work. As i say i am still not sure.

Zitat:
BTW did you know that Reaper shows 'SuperdrumFX' as 'Container (Denis Eismann)

Yes, i recognize it some days before and yesterday i put out a quick patch (update to SDFX v1.11). You can download the new version on download page. I also put a news message on this forum and on kvr-audio.com, to inform the users about the new update.

Anyway thanks for your information. smile

Greetings
Eisi

18.03.2008 21:42 Eisi ist offline Email an Eisi senden Homepage von Eisi Beiträge von Eisi suchen Nehmen Sie Eisi in Ihre Freundesliste auf
maa
Jungspund

Zitat:
Original von Eisi But 1,6 GHz must be enough speed, even for synthedit samplers.

This is no speed thing.

The hosts on these two computers either freeze when SDFX is loaded or they vanish.
Is there a Synthedit forum or a method of contacting the developers to maybe get more tests?

FR:
I'd like to see a more global path configuration for the samples in a future update if thats possible. My plugs all live in D:/audioplug/vsti and there should be a box to enter this or a setup that assumes the path.

Thanks

maa

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 2 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von maa am 19.03.2008 12:57.

19.03.2008 12:13 maa ist offline Beiträge von maa suchen Nehmen Sie maa in Ihre Freundesliste auf
maa
Jungspund

Here are some screenshots of the various crash messages:

How about a compilation without DH Reverb Module?

Hope they help anyway.....

maa

Dieser Beitrag wurde schon 1 mal editiert, zum letzten mal von maa am 19.03.2008 17:38.

19.03.2008 17:36 maa ist offline Beiträge von maa suchen Nehmen Sie maa in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Eisi
Eisi

Hello maa

Yes, this pictures help me a lot to identify your SDFX problem. I will investigate in this.

I also will release a SDFX with multi outputs but without FX slot. Maybe this helps some users who got problems or don't like the bulidin reverb or want to have more possibilities concerning to effect routings.

Thank you.

mfg
Eisi

20.03.2008 23:35 Eisi ist offline Email an Eisi senden Homepage von Eisi Beiträge von Eisi suchen Nehmen Sie Eisi in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Eisi
Eisi

Hello maa

I did contact the developer of DH_Reverb (David Haupt) for helping me with that problem.

It seems that we found the reason for the SDFX crashes on your computer systems. The build-in DH_Reverb was programmed under the view of a low processor usage. So David used the SSE extension ,provided by newer processor types, to speed up the floating point operations. The problem is that older processor types don't support SSE operations. If a program, that use SSE, gets startet on an processor without SSE, the program or module crash with that error code: 0xc000001d.

So we (I and the developer) believe that this could be the reason for the program crashes in Reaper.

Greetings
Eisi

21.03.2008 16:32 Eisi ist offline Email an Eisi senden Homepage von Eisi Beiträge von Eisi suchen Nehmen Sie Eisi in Ihre Freundesliste auf
maa
Jungspund

Thanks - thats good news - I can't wait to try the next version on my Laptop !!

Happy Easter.

22.03.2008 18:43 maa ist offline Beiträge von maa suchen Nehmen Sie maa in Ihre Freundesliste auf
maa
Jungspund

Ah good - laptop is working now with Sam.

Reaper will not load the 'SDFX-Library-Drive-D.fxb'

There must surely be an easier way to choose a general path to the samples. This method is quite extreme.

BTW - you forgot to update the DLL info.

Thanks,

maa

27.03.2008 16:11 maa ist offline Beiträge von maa suchen Nehmen Sie maa in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Eisi
Eisi

Augenzwinkern Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden       IP Information Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi maa

Zitat:
Ah good - laptop is working now with Sam.

Yeah, it is working at all.

Zitat:
Reaper will not load the 'SDFX-Library-Drive-D.fxb'

Oh, sorry. The Patches only were made for SuperDrumFX not for SuperDrumFX-Dry (SDFX-Dry).

I fixed that yet. Just go to the news thread.

Zitat:
There must surely be an easier way to choose a general path to the samples. This method is quite extreme.

You are right. Of course, there is an easier way but i didn't had time yet to put my focus on this topic. Until now, fixing errors and major improvements were more important to me.

I will beat this problem on next minor update.

Zitat:
BTW - you forgot to update the DLL info.

Sorry, i don't know what you mean. What do you mean?

Greetings
Eisi

28.03.2008 17:32 Eisi ist offline Email an Eisi senden Homepage von Eisi Beiträge von Eisi suchen Nehmen Sie Eisi in Ihre Freundesliste auf
maa
Jungspund

When you right mouse click the .dll it gives you version information - this information is wrong.

Thanks

maa

28.03.2008 19:27 maa ist offline Beiträge von maa suchen Nehmen Sie maa in Ihre Freundesliste auf
Eisi
Eisi

Hi maa

Synthedit gives me no access to this dll information. I could use a reverse engineering tool for changing this but i think it is not necessary to do such manipulation.

The dll info will always be the same. "Version 1,0,0,1".

Thank you for your information but i better leave it like this.smile

Cheers
Eisi

30.03.2008 11:32 Eisi ist offline Email an Eisi senden Homepage von Eisi Beiträge von Eisi suchen Nehmen Sie Eisi in Ihre Freundesliste auf

Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Gehe zu: